Tajikistan says migrants fleeing Russia after concert hall attack

Tajikistan says migrants fleeing Russia after concert hall attack

Fact: There has been a surge of migrant workers leaving Russia for Tajikistan after a concert hall attack near Moscow left dozens dead.

Islamic State poses greatest security threat to Germany, interior minister says

Islamic State poses greatest security threat to Germany, interior minister says

ISIS-Khorasan, responsible for the mass shooting attack near Moscow, poses the greatest Islamist threat to security in Germany according to the country’s interior minister.

TIMELINE-Before Moscow shooting, US warnings and a Putin dismissal

TIMELINE-Before Moscow shooting, US warnings and a Putin dismissal

– Gunmen attacked a concert hall outside Moscow, killing 137 people
– The U.S. and other Western countries warned of an imminent attack in Moscow, linked to Islamic State
– Russia accused Ukraine of being involved in the attack, which Ukraine denied
– Four suspects, citizens of Tajikistan, were charged with terrorism in connection to the attack
– France raised its security alert, linking the attack to Islamic State
– The U.S. and Russia traded accusations over the attack, with the U.S. denying any Ukrainian involvement and Russia questioning U.S. assertions

Nothing justifies terror says Cyprus president

Nothing justifies terror says Cyprus president

President Nikos Christodoulides condemned the terrorist attack in Moscow, stating that “nothing justifies terror.” Cyprus joined other countries in condemning the attack, which occurred on Friday night and resulted in over 90 deaths. The president expressed condolences on X (formerly known as Twitter), extending thoughts to the families and loved ones of the victims. The foreign ministry also condemned the attack, specifically mentioning it occurred at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, expressing shock and condolences. The attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, involved gunmen opening fire at concertgoers, killing at least 60 people and injuring 145. This incident, occurring just before a performance by Soviet-era rock group Picnic at Crocus City Hall, is the deadliest attack in Russia since the 2004 Beslan school siege.

‘No Cypriots die’ in Moscow terror attack

‘No Cypriots die’ in Moscow terror attack

No Cypriots have been reported among the victims of a terrorist attack in Moscow, according to foreign ministry spokesman Theodoros Gotsis. The Cypriot embassy in Moscow is in contact with Russian authorities regarding the attack, which has claimed dozens of lives and left scores wounded. The embassy had previously warned Cypriots in Moscow of a heightened risk for terrorist attacks. The attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, occurred near Moscow, killing at least 143 people and injuring 145. This incident is the deadliest attack in Russia since the 2004 Beslan school siege.

Gunmen kill more than 60 in concert attack near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility (updated)

Gunmen kill more than 60 in concert attack near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility (updated)

Camouflage-clad gunmen attacked concertgoers near Moscow, killing at least 60 people and injuring 145. The attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, is the deadliest in Russia since the 2004 Beslan school siege. The incident occurred just before the Soviet-era rock group “Picnic” was to perform at the Crocus City Hall. Videos showed people fleeing amidst gunfire. Russian investigators confirmed the death toll, and health officials reported about 145 wounded, with 60 in critical condition. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack, stating its fighters caused destruction and casualties before withdrawing. The United States confirmed Islamic State’s claim and mentioned having warned Russia of a potential attack. The attack on Crocus City Hall happened two weeks after the U.S. embassy in Russia warned of an imminent extremist attack in Moscow. Russia tightened security nationwide following the incident.

Gunmen kill 40 in attack at concert near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility

Gunmen kill 40 in attack at concert near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility

At least 40 people were killed and 145 wounded when gunmen attacked concertgoers near Moscow. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack. The incident occurred at the Crocus City Hall before a performance by the Soviet-era rock group “Picnic.” Verified videos showed the chaos and the attempts of people to escape the gunfire. Russia’s Federal Security Service reported the casualties, and the attack has been described as one of the deadliest on Russian soil in decades. Children were among the dead and injured. The venue experienced significant damage, including a collapsing roof and a fire. The United States, European and Arab powers, and many former Soviet republics condemned the attack. Two weeks prior to the attack, the U.S. embassy in Russia had warned of an imminent extremist attack in Moscow. Following the incident, Russia increased security measures across the country.