The dangers of looking your best

The dangers of looking your best

– Fast fashion involves making and selling cheap clothes with short lifespans at mass volumes.
– Fast fashion has significant environmental costs and can contain toxic chemicals such as PFAS, azo dyes, phthalates, and formaldehyde.
– Approximately 8,000 synthetic chemicals are used in the fast fashion manufacturing process, with residues remaining on the garments.
– Azo dyes, restricted in the EU, can be absorbed through the skin, causing health issues.
– Trainers, popular for their comfort and style, can lead to poor foot posture and the widening of feet if worn excessively.
– Platform trainers can strain the feet and gait, while sock sneakers are most likely to lead to sprained ankles.
– Waist trainers, popularized by celebrities, can improve posture but may cause water loss, muscle atrophy, gastrointestinal issues, respiratory problems, and fainting due to prolonged wear.
– Heavy earrings can cause elongation and thinning of the earlobe, potentially leading to splitting, with lobe surgery becoming a common corrective procedure.
– Large hoop earrings can get caught in hair and clothes, posing a risk of tearing the earlobe.
– Thongs can cause intimate irritation and chafing, especially if made from synthetic fabrics, but well-fitting thongs made from natural fibers can be comfortable if worn with good hygiene practices.

Kate, ’s cancer news should end speculation about her

Kate, ’s cancer news should end speculation about her

Kate, Britain’s Princess of Wales, announced on Friday that she was undergoing treatment for cancer. This announcement aimed to address and put an end to the widespread speculation about her health that had been circulating on social media, newspapers, and some U.S. talk shows since she underwent abdominal surgery in January. Kate had taken a leave of absence from royal engagements to recover from the surgery. Despite efforts to maintain privacy, speculation continued, especially after her husband, Prince William, canceled his attendance at a memorial service for personal reasons. Kensington Palace stated that Kate wanted to share this information when it was right for her and her family. In a video message, Kate expressed gratitude for her medical team and explained the decision to manage this privately for the sake of their young family, which includes Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis. The announcement follows a period of intense speculation and comes amid other challenges faced by the royal family, including King Charles’s battle with cancer and the public falling out with Prince Harry and Meghan.

Nothing justifies terror says Cyprus president

Nothing justifies terror says Cyprus president

President Nikos Christodoulides condemned the terrorist attack in Moscow, stating that “nothing justifies terror.” Cyprus joined other countries in condemning the attack, which occurred on Friday night and resulted in over 90 deaths. The president expressed condolences on X (formerly known as Twitter), extending thoughts to the families and loved ones of the victims. The foreign ministry also condemned the attack, specifically mentioning it occurred at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, expressing shock and condolences. The attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, involved gunmen opening fire at concertgoers, killing at least 60 people and injuring 145. This incident, occurring just before a performance by Soviet-era rock group Picnic at Crocus City Hall, is the deadliest attack in Russia since the 2004 Beslan school siege.

Gunmen kill more than 60 in concert attack near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility (updated)

Gunmen kill more than 60 in concert attack near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility (updated)

Camouflage-clad gunmen attacked concertgoers near Moscow, killing at least 60 people and injuring 145. The attack, claimed by Islamic State militants, is the deadliest in Russia since the 2004 Beslan school siege. The incident occurred just before the Soviet-era rock group “Picnic” was to perform at the Crocus City Hall. Videos showed people fleeing amidst gunfire. Russian investigators confirmed the death toll, and health officials reported about 145 wounded, with 60 in critical condition. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack, stating its fighters caused destruction and casualties before withdrawing. The United States confirmed Islamic State’s claim and mentioned having warned Russia of a potential attack. The attack on Crocus City Hall happened two weeks after the U.S. embassy in Russia warned of an imminent extremist attack in Moscow. Russia tightened security nationwide following the incident.

Kate’s cancer news should end speculation about her, commentators say

Kate’s cancer news should end speculation about her, commentators say

Kate, Britain’s Princess of Wales, announced on Friday that she was undergoing treatment for cancer. This announcement aimed to end speculation about her health, which had been rampant since she underwent abdominal surgery in January and took a leave of absence from royal engagements. Despite Kensington Palace stating she would not return to her public role until after Easter, speculation continued. The situation was further fueled by Prince William’s absence from a memorial service for his godfather due to an unspecified “personal matter” and intensified when Kate apologized for editing a photograph of her with her children for Mother’s Day. Kate and William have been focused on protecting their privacy and allowing their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, time to understand the situation. Kate expressed gratitude for her medical team and described the past couple of months as incredibly tough for their family. The revelation about Kate’s health follows news that William’s father, King Charles, is also battling cancer.

Harry – Megan: They found out that Kate has cancer at the same moment that the whole planet found out

Harry – Megan: They found out that Kate has cancer at the same moment that the whole planet found out

Harry and Meghan spoke personally with Prince William and Kate after the announcement of the Princess of Wales’s cancer treatment. The nature of their communication (phone call, video call, or messages) is unknown, as is whether Harry will return to the UK. Harry and Meghan learned about Kate’s health condition when it was publicly announced. The contact was reported by ITV’s royal editor Chris Ship. Kate and Harry last met after the Queen’s death in September 2022. There was a noticeable rift between William and Harry at a recent memorial event for Princess Diana. The Princess of Wales announced her cancer diagnosis following abdominal surgery.

Gunmen kill 40 in attack at concert near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility

Gunmen kill 40 in attack at concert near Moscow, Islamic State claims responsibility

At least 40 people were killed and 145 wounded when gunmen attacked concertgoers near Moscow. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack. The incident occurred at the Crocus City Hall before a performance by the Soviet-era rock group “Picnic.” Verified videos showed the chaos and the attempts of people to escape the gunfire. Russia’s Federal Security Service reported the casualties, and the attack has been described as one of the deadliest on Russian soil in decades. Children were among the dead and injured. The venue experienced significant damage, including a collapsing roof and a fire. The United States, European and Arab powers, and many former Soviet republics condemned the attack. Two weeks prior to the attack, the U.S. embassy in Russia had warned of an imminent extremist attack in Moscow. Following the incident, Russia increased security measures across the country.

Gunmen kill at least 40 in attack at concert hall near Moscow

Gunmen kill at least 40 in attack at concert hall near Moscow

At least 40 people were killed and more than 100 injured in an attack by five gunmen at a concert in Crocus City Hall near Moscow. The gunmen, dressed in camouflage and armed with automatic weapons, opened fire on the crowd. There was also a report of a second blast at the venue. The attack occurred during a concert by the band “Picnic.” The incident took place shortly after President Vladimir Putin was re-elected and amidst Russia’s conflict with Ukraine. The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) confirmed the casualties and stated that all necessary measures were being taken. The identity of the gunmen was not immediately clear. In response to the attack, security was tightened across Moscow. Russia’s foreign ministry described the incident as a “bloody terrorist attack” and emphasized the need for global condemnation. The U.S. embassy in Russia had previously warned of an imminent extremist attack in Moscow.

UK royal Kate says she is having chemotherapy after cancer discovery

UK royal Kate says she is having chemotherapy after cancer discovery

Kate, Britain’s Princess of Wales, is undergoing preventative chemotherapy after tests following major abdominal surgery in January revealed cancer. She had been hospitalized for two weeks in January for what was described as successful, planned surgery for a non-cancerous condition. Subsequent tests, however, found cancer, leading to her current treatment. Kate, aged 42 and the wife of Prince William, the heir to the throne, shared this information in a video message, noting that she and Prince William have been managing this privately for their young family. King Charles, her father-in-law, also announced in February that he was to have cancer treatment. Kensington Palace has not disclosed the type of cancer Kate has but stated she began preventative chemotherapy in February and is on a recovery pathway. Kate has been absent from official duties since her surgery, planning to return after Easter, and has not appeared at a public event since Christmas Day. She and William decided to keep her cancer diagnosis private until their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, were on school holidays.

President helps CBC to promote financial literacy [video]

President helps CBC to promote financial literacy [video]

The Central Bank of Cyprus (CBC) has created educational videos as part of the Global Money Week 2024 campaign to promote financial literacy, especially among the youth. These videos were made with contributions from President Nikos Christodoulides and the Governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus, Constantinos Herodotou. The theme for 2024 is “Protect Your Money, Secure Your Future,” focusing on safe money management and the importance of a responsible and informed approach. In one video, President Christodoulides discusses rising product prices, inflation measures, and the importance of understanding basic financial concepts. The videos are available on the CBC website, YouTube channel, and LinkedIn page.