Qatar, other suitors interested in Larnaca marina

Qatar, other suitors interested in Larnaca marina

Interest in Larnaca’s marina and port remains high despite the divorce between the Government and Kition Ocean Holdings. The Emir of Qatar has shown interest in the project, along with other suitors within the country. The proposal to separate the project and focus on the marina has gained ground, with the Government open to discussions and forming a working group to expedite the process. The Larnaca Municipality demands greater involvement in the project’s future, with plans for a committee to conduct a techno-economic study. The matter will be discussed in the House Transport Committee, and the Ministry of Transport will take over the management of the marina.

Scrapping marina project forces change of venue for top name concerts

Scrapping marina project forces change of venue for top name concerts

The three upcoming summer concerts featuring Tom Jones, Ed Sheeran, and Bonnie Tyler that were supposed to be held at the Larnaca marina have been moved to a nearby area called ‘Land of Tomorrow’ due to the government terminating its agreement with Kition Ocean Holdings over the Larnaca port and marina project.

Government does not have plan for Larnaca marina employees, Kition says

Government does not have plan for Larnaca marina employees, Kition says

Kition Ocean Holdings expressed concern for the welfare of its employees following the government takeover of the port and marina. The company blamed the government for not having a handover period, causing uncertainty for staff. Kition stated that according to the TUPE law, employees should be automatically transferred with their existing rights to the new employer. The company seeks reassurance from the government that employees’ rights will be protected during the transition.

Kition workers rehired by state after Larnaca port takeover

Kition workers rehired by state after Larnaca port takeover

Workers at Kition Ocean Holdings, operator of the Larnaca marina and port concession, will be rehired by the state, securing 70 jobs just before the next mayoral and European elections.

Government reaches deal with sacked Larnaca port workers

Government reaches deal with sacked Larnaca port workers

The government reached a deal with Larnaca port and marina workers who were fired by Kition Ocean Holdings. Talks lasted for four hours and the agreement ensures that the 72 dismissed workers will transition their employment to the Larnaca and Famagusta District Development Agency.

Cyprus to Greece ferry resumes service for busy summer

Cyprus to Greece ferry resumes service for busy summer

The Cyprus-Greece ferry service resumed on Wednesday with the Cypriot-flagged Daleela departing from Limassol port. The service will have a total of 22 itineraries throughout the summer, with the last one departing on September 1. As of last week, the service received 8,500 bookings, including 6,600 passengers, 1,750 cars, and 150 pets.

Larnaca port and marina in flux as state replaces Kition

Larnaca port and marina in flux as state replaces Kition

Larnaca’s port and marina are now under state control following the collapse of a major development project. The Port Authority has taken over operations, deploying additional staff and private machinery services. The future management of the marina is uncertain, with discussions on potentially separating the port and marina projects gaining traction. The fate of Kition Ocean Holdings’ employees remains unclear, with trade unions advocating for their rights. The government is re-evaluating the initial development plan and considering future steps for the projects.

Larnaca port workers handed termination letters

Larnaca port workers handed termination letters

Employees of Larnaca’s port and marina received termination letters from Kition Ocean Holdings Ltd following the project’s collapse. The meeting between the workers’ representatives and the Ministers of Labour and Transport was postponed until Thursday afternoon. The workers were assured that a solution would be found to ensure they are not victimized, and discussions were held regarding their employment status. The new operator taking over the port’s operations should employ the current workers under the same terms and conditions. The President of the Republic reassured that there should be no concern for the workers regarding the port issue. The €1.2 billion contract with Kition Ocean Holdings was terminated by the Minister of Transport, Communications, and Works.

Larnaca port development will proceed as planned, says President

Larnaca port development will proceed as planned, says President

President Nikos Christodoulides confirmed that the development of the Larnaca port and marina will proceed as planned, despite setbacks. A cabinet meeting will be held to discuss the issue further, with the aim of finding a capable company to handle the development. The President emphasized the importance of capable companies managing critical projects like the Larnaca port.

Overnight pharmacies for Tuesday, May 28

Overnight pharmacies for Tuesday, May 28

The list of overnight pharmacies on Tuesday, May 28, 2024, includes locations in Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca, Paphos, and Paralimni.