“It’s time for this war to end,” Biden says

U.S. President Joe Biden said Friday that Hamas was no longer capable of carrying out a major terror attack on Israel and declared that it was time for a permanent cease-fire in Gaza.
“At this point, Hamas is no longer capable of carrying out another October 7,” Biden said from the White House. “It’s time for this war to end, for the day after to begin.”
Speaking from the State Dining Room, Biden backed an Israeli proposal that had been transmitted to Hamas by Qatari negotiators.
The U.S. President said the proposal would be divided into three phases, starting with a six-week cease-fire, the withdrawal of Israeli forces from populated areas of Gaza and the exchange of elderly and women hostages held by Hamas in exchange for the release of hundreds of Palestinian detainees.
He added that Palestinians will be able to return to their homes.
Biden also warned Israel that it risks growing global isolation.
“This is truly a decisive moment,” Biden said. “Hamas says it wants a cease-fire. This deal is an opportunity to prove whether they really mean it.”
(With information from the New York Times and Reuters)cease-fire. cease-fire, Hamas, Israel

Leave a comment